NURSERY & TODDLER REOPENING DETAILS
The guidelines have been carefully selected following the state and city guidelines as well as the local school/childcare guidelines to safely reopen Kids Ministry at North Pointe.
What we are opening:
- NURSERY: Birth through 23 months
- TODDLER: 2 years through 4 years old
- Nursery and Toddler rooms will be open for just the 9:00 AM service on Sunday mornings.
- Each room will be deep cleaned before and after each use.
- Each classroom has been organized and simplified to aid in safe and effective cleaning and use.
- There will not be any church provided snacks during the service. Parents are welcome to bring their own snacks/bottles and a teacher will assist in feeding the babies or allowing a separate area for a toddler to have a snack if needed.
- Water will always be available to the staff and children by using paper cups that will be thrown away after each use.
- Parents/caregivers will be required to wear a mask to enter the building to drop off their child/ren. If you forgot your mask we will have available masks at the door.
- Parents/caregivers will go to the main Kiosk to check in their child/ren. Wait in the marked spaces allowing for 6-foot distancing. A staff or Kids Ministry Assistant will check in each family using a no-touch printing service.
- Parents will be asked if they or their children have had a fever or been with someone who has had a fever in the last 24 hours. If they have, we will not be able to have them in class until the following week. If they are unsure, we will have a head thermometer available to check.
- Parents will then drop the child/ren off at the appropriate room.
- We will have our wonderful, background-checked teachers in each classroom.
- All teachers will be required to wear a mask while indoors.
- All teachers will have their temperature checked before serving.
- All scheduled teachers will notify Lindsey Harms as soon as they can if they are unable to serve, become ill, or have been around someone who has been ill. Lindsey has a list of approved substitute teachers who can fill their positions.
- All children in the Nursery and Toddler rooms are not required to wear a mask.
- Children will attend their class as usual for the nursery and toddler rooms.
- Nursery will include birth through 23 months
- Toddler room will include 2 years through 4 years old
- Parents/caregivers will be required to wear a mask to enter the building to pick up their child/ren.
- If you forgot your mask, we will have available masks at the entrance.
- Parents/caregivers will wait in the marked spaces for their turn to pick up their child/ren to allow 6-foot distancing.
If you have additional questions, feel free to email Lindsey our Kids Ministry Director.