REOPENING | PHASE 2
Reopening Kids Ministry 2020
North Pointe families:
We are excited to announce Phase Two of reopening our Kids Ministry! For the 9:00 AM service, we will offer nursery through 5th-grade classes starting this Sunday, September 6th. We will be following the local state guidelines: all children 5 years old and older will wear a mask while indoors. Please take the time to read the following details so you will be prepared to attend Kids Ministry at North Pointe. We look forward to seeing our family and friends!
The guidelines have been carefully selected following the state and city guidelines as well as the local school/childcare guidelines to safely reopen Kids Ministry at North Pointe.
- Kids Ministry classrooms will be open for just the 9:00 AM service on Sunday mornings until further notice.
- Each room will be deep cleaned before and after each use.
- Each classroom has been organized and simplified to aid in safe and effective cleaning and use.
- There will not be any church provided snacks during the service. Parents are welcome to bring their own snacks/bottles and a teacher will assist in feeding the babies or allowing a separate area for children to have a snack if needed.
- Water will always be available to the staff and children by using paper cups that will be thrown away after each use.
- Parents/caregivers will be required to wear a mask to enter the building to drop off their child/ren. If you forgot your mask we will have available masks at the door.
- Parents/caregivers will go to the main Kiosk to check in their child/ren. Wait in the
- marked spaces allowing for 6-foot distancing. A staff or Kids Ministry Assistant
- will check in each family using a no-touch printing service.
- Parents will be asked if they or their children have had a fever or been with
- someone who has had a fever in the last 24 hours. If they have, we will not be
- able to have them in class until the following week. If they are unsure, we will
- have a head thermometer available to check.
- Parents will then drop the child/ren off at the appropriate room.
- We will have our wonderful, background-checked teachers in each classroom.
- All teachers will be required to wear a mask while indoors.
- All teachers will have their temperature checked before serving.
- All scheduled teachers will notify Lindsey Harms as soon as they can if they are
- unable to serve, become ill, or have been around someone who has been ill.
- Lindsey has a list of approved substitute teachers who can fill their positions.
- All children in the Nursery and Toddler rooms are not required to wear a mask.
- Children 5 years old and older will be asked to wear a mask while indoors.
- Children will attend their class as usual with activities and crafts set up to accommodate social distancing. as best as possible.
- Nursery room will include birth through 23 months.
- Toddler room will include 2 years through 4 years old.
- Whale room will include K-3rd grade.
- Explorers room will include 4th-5th (when the room is available, otherwise they will join the Whale room).
- Parents/caregivers will be required to wear a mask to enter the building to pick up their child/ren.
- If you forgot your mask, we will have available masks at the entrance.
- Parents/caregivers will wait in the marked spaces for their turn to pick up their child/ren to allow 6-foot distancing.
Thank you for your support and prayers as we continue to adjust and care for your family during this season.